I'm a performer and composer and I teach classical and jazz piano, guitar and singing. Kids welcome from 6 years old.
My first job was working as a guitar and piano teacher for a music shop where I was trained as a teacher. From there I went to Brunel University and graduated with a 2:1 in music.
After graduating I spent the next few years dividing my time between playing in bands and working with children with learning difficulties. My playing included much time in the studio and tours in both the UK and Europe. Through my sessional work I gained much experience in working with children with all kinds of mental and physical impairments and emotional/behavioural issues.
In 2003 I started the music school Cherry Pie Music. I spent the next 8 years growing Cherry Pie Music from nothing to teaching around 250 students a week, before selling it to my business partner in 2011 to focus on my own music and other business projects.
I am Musical Director of Effra Road Chapel in Brixton and play various other gigs around London playing classical and jazz piano, guitar and vocals. I am currently focusing on my own compositions and writing music books for children.
- BA(Hons) Music
- Grade 8 Piano (ABRSM)
- Grade 8 Theory (ABRSM)
- Enhanced CRB check
- Piano, Guitar, Singing, Theory, Composition
- Weekend/evening slots available
- Kids welcome from 6 years old
- I take quite a holistic approach with kids. The focus is on first developing enthusiasm and confidence then developing practice etc at the child's own pace, rather than forcing and forcing in the hope that one day they'll enjoy it. See my blog.
- Free no-obligation introductory lesson
- Visits: £40ph (in/around Stockwell Park conservation area only)
- Ad-hoc/one-off lessons at my flat: £40ph
- Lessons at my flat paid in blocks of 4: £30ph
- Lessons can be 30/45/60 minutes
- Charge for same-day cancellations
- Freedom (original piano solo)
- Crash (original piano solo)
- Makin' Whoopee (jazz duo)
- Allelujah (classical trio)
- Do What? (original guitar solo)
- I Wanna Be Like You (guitar/vocal)
- Best Of You (guitar/vocal)
My blog is mainly about teaching children, but is useful to anyone thinking of learning music.