I am a 3 times award winning Violinist and Assistant. Also a trained Coach and Singer with a PTLLs Teaching award.
I am a graduate of The Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama [RSAMD] and Glasgow University with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Music Performance and Certificate in Orchestral Studies. I also studied voice to grade 7 [Merit], piano to grade 3, theory to grade 8, violin to grade 8 [Distinction] and two certificates and training in Music and Vocal Production. Before College, I was a member of the Birmingham Philharmonic Orchestra and the Coventry Youth Choir and Orchestra [which I lead for one year]. At the RSAMD, I won the Dunbar Gerber Prize [as part of a duo] and The Chamber Music Prize with my String Quartet. I also won a prize for the support I provided to various heads of department at Channel 4.
At 16 in my home town [Coventry, UK], on several occasions I assisted with coaching live bands that my sisters sang in - then years later whilst studying in the USA with Anne Crowden [Berkeley University professor] and facilitating workshops at WAC [Weekend Arts College, Hampstead Town Hall] - I began teaching absolute beginner violinists and vocalists in groups - and observed the benefits of regular music performance to their parents, friends, colleagues and associates [alongside group and 1to1 tuition] when held at least once every 1-2 weeks.
I worked as a freelance professional musician and teacher for 10 years. Visit my website at www.gyreentyp.com
I took two years away from working full time to study for a PTLLs Teaching Award; also to attain various qualifications including Business Administration, Management, Stress Management and Coaching [Performance Coaching and Cognitive Behavioural Coaching]... I studied Coaching and Stress Management with Gladeana McMahon (Channel 4 and GMTV Stress Coach) and Professor Stephen Palmer respectively - who are considered to be among the top ten coaches in the UK.
I later began Coaching, Activities Co-ordination and Assisting Vocalists, Musicians, Producers, Engineers and Artists... as well as CEOs, Heads of Department, Choreographers and Producers at Sadlers Wells and Channel 4.
My work includes supporting Singers, Musicians, Engineers and Producers in Music Studios as a Coach, Co-Producer, Facilitator, Assistant and Vocal Coach and Assistant.
I teach and coach at The Wigmore Hall, London, Tate South Lambeth Library, Kings Langley, Herts and Bonnington Square, Vauxhall, London.
- Music and Artist Development
- Coaching/Consultant Coaching
- Development and Management
- Stress Management and Prevention
- Wellbeing Research; Lifestyle, Life and Wellbeing Coaching
- Writing [Verse, Lyrics, Songs, Stories and about Development/Management]
Publications and Articles
-Finch, F and Edwards, S  - 'Be Connected, Stay Connected' - praised by the Chairman of Governors at The London Business School
-Finch, F  - 'Verse Eden' - [with photos by Skyy Finch Vaughan - approved by The Royal Botanical Gardens, Kew].
- BA Music Performance
- Grade 8 Violin (ABRSM)
- Grade 8 Theory (ABRSM)
- PTLLs Teaching Award
- Enhanced CRB check
- Violin, Singing, Music Performance, Artist Development etc
- Weekend/evening slots available
- Parents, Guardians, Carers with Toddlers welcome
- Children, Young Persons and Adults welcome too
- More information is available on request.
- My approach to teaching and coaching embraces several pedagogies and genres of music. It is also fun, creative, holistic and when required includes wellbeing. Support is also available with motivation, focus and improvisation
- Free no-obligation introductory lesson
- Fees are on a sliding scale
- Discounts available for lessons paid in blocks of 4
- Lessons can be 30/45/60 minutes
- Charge for same-day cancellations
https://about.me/florafinch (about me)